Our hair enjoys the care we give it as much as our skin does. Having a feel for its look and condition, it can tell us if it needs more attention. A shiny, soft-looking crown is indicative of excellent hair health. Meanwhile, a frizzy, dull, and dry-looking coverage is a worrying tell that your hair requires some immediate hair care. That’s where hair products like nourishing and moisturizing shampoos and oils come in.
Shampoos, conditioners, and hair oils come in a variety of purposes and formulations, but you can find that most of the product selection out there make use of chemicals that may harm your hair in the long-term. Not only that, but there might also even be the risk of your body absorbing these chemicals. Fortunately, there are always natural alternatives to choose from. Unlike your run of the mill hair product, organic hair products are made using all-natural ingredients with a plethora of benefits for the hair and scalp.
Some hair styling products have also gone the all-natural route, with pomades and beard oils making use of ingredients such as butter and extracts.
There are a variety of benefits to using chemical-free hair products. Below are some of the more commonly known ingredients, which we also use in our pioneer products:
- Coconut Oil is among the most versatile of the natural oils and most commonly associated with keeping hair and scalp moisturized. The most alluring property of coconut oil is how it seeps into the hair follicles, protecting it from damage.
- Shea Butter also has a moisturizing property, affecting both scalp and hair. When applied, it prevents breakage and itching of the scalp.
- Avocado Butter, aside from acting as a moisturizer, also it can lock in moisture at the follicles, promoting growth and preventing scalp dryness.
- Jojoba Oil’s main property is keeping hair and scalp moisturized, strengthening follicles and preventing hair fall. It’s also responsible for avoiding itchy scalp and dandruff.
- Apart from its moisturizing properties, Sweet Almond Oil keeps hair soft, increases blood flow on the applied area, and promotes hair growth.
- Beeswax can smooth and straighten hair as well as temporarily seal damaged hair or split ends.
Of course, merely applying all-natural hair products should be paired with overall care for health. Getting enough rest, a healthy diet, and exercising are also great contributors to gaining and maintaining a healthy lock of hair.
It might be a little tricky looking for a supply of all-natural products, but Hair Science is filling that void.